Peter Shearer Menswear Return Policy is based on the Return Right under Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
We are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind about what you bought but we may exchange the item or issue a store credit within 14 days of original purchase
If the item you bought has a fault or defect, you may choose a refund or exchange. A fault or defect is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped you from buying it if you had known about it
- Is unsafe as result of the fault or defect
- Is significantly different from the sample or description
- Does not do what we said it would or does not do what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Under the ACL, consumers can return faulty goods within a reasonable time. The term “reasonable time” is not defined by the ACL. The nature of our goods a reasonable amount of time is 12 months for any assessment. Goods returned outside this duration cannot be assessed purely based on the time passed.
We cannot refund or exchange an item:
- That has been worn, washed or altered in any way unless it is faulty.
- Is missing it's original packaging and/or labelling.
- That does not have a proof of purchase.
- That was purchased more than 14 days since the original date of purchase unless faulty.
- Has been altered/tailored in any way.
- Simply because of change of mind.
In-Store Returns Procedure
Please keep your proof of purchase – for example, your receipt. A refund cannot be offered without a copy of the receipt.
If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time or offer you a refund or replacement.
On-Line Returns Procedure
If for any reason your item needs to be returned or exchanged you need to contact email@example.com to discuss you options and arrange a return method. You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable (unless the item is deemed as faulty.)
All returns will not be finalised until the goods have been received back in the conditions stated above and have been assessed and approved by management. It is then, if approved, the refundable amount will be credited to the customer or the exchanged item will be sent out.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance as we can’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.